Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
About 1 cup of sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup bourbon (I used Redemption straight bourbon whiskey)
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 cup cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp liquid hickory smoke
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine all ingredients except liquid smoke and black pepper in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer until the sauce has reduced to about 1 cup and thickened.
- Add the liquid smoke and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the black pepper.
- Allow to cool then transfer to a bottle or jar.