- 2 bananas, overripe
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, and egg to the banana and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the baking soda into the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir/fold until all the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour vegetable oil in a small saute pan to a depth of barely a ½ cm. Heat over medium heat until shimmering.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions of the batter into the pan (you'll probably get about 3 per batch). After 1 minute, use a spoon to ladle hot oil over the tops of the fritters.
- Wait another 1 minute then flip. Cook another 2 minutes on that side, then move to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Get 'em while they're hot.