Bacon Cheddar Dip
- ½ lb light sour cream (8 oz)
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese powder
- 2 tsp buttermilk powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp liquid hickory smoke
- 2 tbsp crumbled bacon bits (make your own)
Starting with a good-flavored bacon (which means practically any bacon), dice finely and saute over medium-low heat until most of the fat has rendered. Remove the bits to paper towel to drain. If the bits are too large and chunky, wait until the bits cool and then chop.
- In several additions, mix the cheddar cheese powder into the sour cream — ensure there are no clumps of powder!
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.