Balsamic Chicken Lettuce Cups
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (fine dice)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 chicken thighs (skinned, deboned)
- 1 naval orange (segments)
- 1 scallion (green portion only)
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- In a 2 quart crock pot combine the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chicken thighs to the crock pot and turn to coat. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred.
- Transfer the braising liquid to a pot and reduce by half over medium heat or until thickened. Pour the reduced liquid over the shredded chicken and stir to coat.
To serve, fill each lettuce cup with chicken and top with scallion and an orange segment.