Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb flank steak (sliced against the bias into 1/8" strips)
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 2 cup brocolli florets (raw)
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- grape seed oil
- sesame seeds
- ½ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Combine stir-fry sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add about 1 tsp of grape seed oil and brown half of the meat. Transfer meat and juices to holding dish, repeat with the rest of the meat.
- Add about 1 tsp of grape seed oil to wok. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds at most, stirring constantly.
- Add stir-fry sauce and stir to combine. Add brocolli florets and reduce by about half until sauce is thickened.
- Add the meat back to the wok and stir to combine. Cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, toss to combine and remove from heat.
Serve with white rice.