Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- With the paddle attachment on your mixer, cream the sugar and butter.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Fold-in the chocolate chips, then form into flat disc in plastic wrap and cool.
- Roll the dough to a height of at most ½ inch. Cut into 3 inch rounds; apply an egg wash and large-crystal sugar if desirable.
- Bake until browned at the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and cool.