Pumpkin Spice Scones
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3/8 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup cinnamon baking chips
- ¾ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup cold buttermilk
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
Yield: 4 scones
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat mat.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut the butter into the dry mix with a fork until it has a wet sand-like consistency.
- Stir the cinnamon baking chips into the dry mix.
- Mix the pumpkin, buttermilk, sugars, and spices.
- Add wet mix to the dry and stir gently with a spatula until the liquid is well incorporated.
- Drop the batter on the cookie sheet using a size 20 disher (~3 Tbsp or 1.6 fl. oz.).
- Bake 20 minutes.
Cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.