- 3 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ small white onion, quartered
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, rough chop
- Toss all but the cilantro with oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 °F oven. Roast for approximately 1 hour.
- Finish the tomatillos under the broiler, turning them every few minutes until char develops on the skin.
- When everything has cooled to the touch, transfer all (including any liquid from the tomatillos) to a blender. Add cilantro and blend to a coarse puree. Add salt/pepper to taste.